Mammoth Disposal Company- Mechanic
Mammoth Disposal, a Waste Connections company, has an immediate opening for a Diesel Mechanic to work on our fleet in Mammoth Lakes, CA. Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment are encouraged to apply. This is a full time, year round opportunity with overtime and great family benefits!
The schedule will be Monday through Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Wages will start around $35/hour, depending on experience. The pay range for this job category is $25-37 per hour.
- Repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders, brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and tires.
- Inspects equipment and/or trucks for condition, operations, parts and fluid levels, differentials, final drives, pump drives, and hubs.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs required safety protocols while working on vehicles.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 5 to 8 year's experience, that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
- Knowledge of hydraulics repair is required
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred but not required at time of hire. The ability to obtain CDL in the future required.
- Must provide own personal tools.
- Welding/fabrication experience is a huge plus!
What we offer to you:
- Annual Safety incentive
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid Time off.
- Uniforms high viability Safety Gear.
- Yearly Boot Allowance
- Yearly Tool Allowance
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
Year Round vs. Seasonal: Year Round
Full-time vs. Part-time: Full-time